I’m Ben Fred, the man behind Benny And The Bird. We have recently launched a brand new website so I thought I would use my first blog post as an opportunity to say hello and let you know a bit about me.
Benny And The Bird is the end result of years of developing myself as an illustrator. From my endless cartoons and sketches as a child, all the way through to my ND in visual communications and then a BA Hons degree in illustration, creative design and art have always been a big part of who I am.
As well as freelance illustration and design, my creative side has led me to get involved with photography, in particular, second shooting for my wife with her wedding photography.
Becoming a part of the wedding industry and creating the stationery for our own wedding back in 2016, helped me realise that I could use my talents in typography and design to create wedding stationery for couples looking for something fresh and a little out of the ordinary.
Here’s a few fun facts about me:
- I have been in one of the Queens bedrooms at Windsor Castle.
- I spent nine months travelling around Australia and New Zealand.
- One day I want to go cage diving and get up close to some great white sharks.
- I’m married to a very pretty hobbit.
- I really regret getting my wife into Lego video games.
- I like peanut butter and salad cream on toast – seriously it’s yumma yumma!
- By day I’m a stationery designer, by night I fight crime… (just checking if you’re still reading haha)
- I am a bit of a geek (the good kind though).
- I really wish Jurassic Park was real.
I genuinely love creating something that just starts as a little spark in my head and I really embrace getting the opportunity to work with lots of awesome couples to create stationery they love!